Tuesday, March 29, 2011

more and more ramblings....

It has been awhile since I last posted something regarding to food here. And some of my readers might be wondering is the same person running this blog. The relatively low salary in Ipoh really limits me to the number of good food I can review. Nevertheless, I will try my best to keep up with my passion on reviewing and sharing good (and not so good) eateries in Ipoh and KL. I shall not let the salary report from Jobstreet spoilt my mood too much...

Quoted from another article I posted on my FB: "In 1986 I started with a salary of RM2400 working in a bank, bought a Nissan Sunny for 13k, and 4 years later bought a double storey terrace house in PJ for 120k. I sold the house in 1997 for 350k ( now probably worth 450k), and a 1300cc car easily costs 30K or more now, but today new graduates still get their starting pay of RM2000. What went wrong in our country?"


allow me with my rantings: Cost of living is no longer low in Ipoh. Plain noodles now is at least RM1.20. Iced Chinese Tea is RM0.50 in most places. RON95 is still RM1.90 in whole Malaysia. Electricity and gas is not cheaper in Ipoh. And how come we are still so ignorant to under pay the workforce in ipoh under the name of "low living cost"?!

No comments: