Monday, May 21, 2012

Birthday Celebration 2012 with my dearies...

 After the blasting on Barossa Japanese And Thai Fine Dining, it's time to regain some positive aura in this blog. Finally, after the long wait, the photos of my birthday celebration has been uploaded. Looks like the post on my company annual dinner will have to wait and give way to the long awaited bday celebration post which supposed to be up on April. Well, for good quality photos, it was worth the wait. The above photo was one of my favourite shot of the night. The lighting is very natural and everybody was looking good (and still sober)

 This year's birthday was intentionally meant to be a bit "low profile", especially on social network. I purposely hid my birth date from my profile page, thus preventing birthday notification/reminders to those in my circle of friends. Somehow I'm glad my friends took the effort to plan a sweet birthday celebration for me. In my company, you get a "complimentary" leave on your birthday, and to make things greater, the following day April 11th was declared a public holiday this year for the YDPA Installation.

Since there is no work the following day, give me one good excuse not to drink and I shall give you 101 reasons why we should seize the day (or night rather)! Photographs are self explanatory most of the time. =)

 Besides the tower, Bricks and Barrel also offer beers in sets. 3 full pints (500ml) or 5 pints of 300ml at RM60 before 9:30pm everyday. You can mix and match from Stouts, Kilkenny, Strongbow, Tiger and Heineken. Currently, they are also offering affordably priced set dinners, starting from RM17.

Look at the liquor being offered. Be it wine, cocktails, draft beers or even hard liquor, there is certainly something to meet your tastebuds =D

If not, just go for the RM60 tower of Tiger draft. It may not give the "kick" to certain beer drinkers, go for the Heineken round of 5 at RM60 as mentioned earlier. =p

While we are still sober, lets go through the food. Ahaha... The set comes with a soup of the day and a dessert. Price varies for what main course you choose. The soup of the day was Minestrone Soup. I was in Bricks and Barrel a week ago for my mom's bday and they served the same soup too. Everyday I'm Minestrone-ning ┗(-_- )┓ ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Salmon Steak (RM22). The portion isn't very big. But for RM20+, it is worth the price. The salmon was grilled to well perfection, a crisp skin but still maintaining its moisture in the flesh. It's served with some herbed cream sauce, mashed potatoes and mixed vegetable salsa. Portion is just appeasing to most ladies....

 Dreamy Lamb (RM22) - Grilled to a lightly charred exterior, the lamb was a bit too chewy to my liking. Portion was not very filling. Served with mashed potatoes, accompanied with mint paste and caramelized onions. But I must admit, their food presentation is nearly inferior to none for restaurants/bistro/pubs in this category.

 These are photos of the sets I ordered during my mom's birthday celebration a week earlier. This is the Teriyaki Chicken Set (RM17) - a whole caramelized drumstick served with Briyani rice and vegetable Salsa. Not too heavy again, portion is just right.

 The Guiness Lamb Shank Set (RM28) was not very big either. A bit too salty to my liking, you might need to avoid too much sauce accompanying the meat. Saltiness aside, I felt that the meat was tender and could be easily removed from the bone without much effort. A small scoop of mashed potato to meet your carbohydrate fix.

And if all fails to fill your stomach, consider ordering the pizzas here! Loved the Hawaiian Pork Pizza (RM25) with generous portions of bacon and cheese. They were a bit too generous with the sauce, causing the whole thing to be a bit too moist to my liking. After all, the over-doing with the tomato puree would not be necessary since it has a thin and crispy base.

 Dessert was not those measly and pathetic slice of watermelon. Even if a scoop of ice cream was served, BB did made sure that passion was there in preparing it. This was very evident in the almond slices and strawberry syrup. Simple toppings but went a long mile in ensuring a satisfying finish to the set meals.

 Never mind if the mains are not filling, the special of the day was indeed my birthday cake! I was given 3 guesses and yet I still did not manage to guess what flavour they bought for me. So thoughtful of them to get me my first ever ice cream cake for my birthday! From my favourite cakeshop... Family Cake House.

Me gusta!!! Le me picking up candles with my lips. It's a tradition since school days, isn't it? Let's not upload those funny photos of my dears feeding me with strawberries here....  =)

Here's a closer look to the Ice Cream Cake. Its a 1/2 kilo cake but enough to satisfy us. Two layer of sponge sandwiching chocolate ripple vanilla ice cream. The whole cake is decorated with dark and white chocolate shavings!

 A group picture flanked with pleasant ladies from my company. It was coincidence that we were all from different departments in our company - accounts, IT, CSR, admin and HR. I'm always jokingly termed the "CEO" of my makan group because I'm the one spear heading our gastronomic gatherings. Although birthday celebrations have toned done since graduations, I'm thankful that every year I'm very well blessed with the friends around me. Especially those who did not depend on FB to remember your birthday! Thanks Nicole, Evonne, Christine, Kathy and Rachel for the well planned birthday treat.

And there! The couple from Singapore whom are one of my colleague's friend joined us midway. Lennard was the one snapping photos of that night with crisp and brilliant shots with his trusty DSLR. Being a foodie himself, his FB was always full of his food adventures. Once again, thanks for spending your time with me on my 27th birthday! Love you all loads! ^^

No comments: