Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Restoran Spring Golden - I'm convinced they serve one of the best Char Siew ever!

Woke up on a Sunday morning greeted by the morning sunshine of Kota Kemuning. I was wondering what to have for breakfast, or rather where my friend would take me for breakfast. Initially, she wanted to bring me to a Pan Mee shop but plans changed and she decided to check out whether this famous shop selling good char siew is opened for breakfast. Indeed, it was.

She was telling me about this Char Siew (BBQ pork in a sweetish and savoury gravy) a few times already. And it really didn't disappoint me. Normally Char Siew is not at the top of my pick in a roasted meat stall. But the BBQ pork here really left me mesmerized and on carried away on cloud nine. Really, I was so carried away I did not even bother on the health aspect (the charred parts is carcinogenic and freaks most of us out) Imagine caramelized, smoky aroma charred crust with a good proportion of lean and fat layer. The meat beneath the greasy exterior melts in your mouth tenderly without much biting or chewing needed. One of the best Char Siew indeed! I have never tasted such good ones in Ipoh also, not to mention KL. The wantan noodles is also springy without any hint of alkaline water odour. Al dente egg noodles texture from the proper procedure of "dipping/immersing" the cooked noodles in cold water is clearly observed!

 The Siew Yoke (Roasted Pork) is normally my favourite item, and it somehow met my expectation, if not exceed. The skin is crackling crispy, the meat evenly marinaded with a good balance of fat and lean layers. Nevertheless, hats off to the Char Siew, it was indeed in a league of its own. Unmatched!

 The chef is very polite and friendly and acknoledge almost every single customer with a smile and/or ushering them to their seats and/or thanking us as we leave. Dressed professionally in a white chef attire, he is quite free for PR works as the few foreigners handle the chopping, noodles cooking ,serving, etc. You can see many photos hung on the wall, taking pride of few media coverage.

 Besides the mentioned items, they also have roast chicken and roast duck. You can have it served with wantan mee or rice. The meal for 2 plates of Char Siew Wan Tan Mee and a plate of Char Siew Siew Yoke rice with 3 drinks came to a whopping RM26! But I can assure you that it is a price worth paying for one of the best BBQ pork I ever tasted in KL!

And where to find the answer to your roasted BBQ pork cravings? This shop is situated in Seksyen 25, Shah Alam. It is the area "opposite" the highway from Kota Kemuning. Open for breakfast and lunch (not too sure about dinner). Spring Golden is the answer to your Char Siew cravings. Owwwhh Yeahhhh!!!

No comments: