Sunday, March 4, 2012

Picadilly, affordable beers and good snacking food over live football matches!

The night out continued after the gathering at TGIF.... Michael was very excited to introduce me to this happening place called Picadilly. As soon as I heard this place, I thought it's some decent drinking place to chill out... and it will burn a hole in your pocket. I was so wrong to feast my eyes on affordable treats with out of this world priced alcoholic beverages in a mamak/food court dining. We had some light snackings of Sweet and Spicy Sausages, Fried Chicken Wings and Nachos. All these are around RM5-5 per portion.

 Nachos, a dish originated from Mexico, is actually tortilla corn chips, toasted just like the Chachos snack. Two pieces of corn chips sandwiched a balognaise like sauce, choice of beef or chicken (I chose the former) and topped with meltd mozarella cheese. This is very addictive and goes well with beer....

I think this place has the cheapest beer rates in the whole of KL. One tower of Carlsberg draft at RM50++ only, whole night long, all week long! No wonder there is almost a tower on every other table. Not to mention, the cheapest Hoegaarden beer! We had a bucket (of 4 bottles) at RM38! Single bottle of Hoegaarden is priced at RM9.90 only. A week later, I checked it out that Hoegaarden was sold at RM11.90 at a hypermarket! One more, did I mention that one glass of draft beer is just RM6.90? Picadilly is simply remarkable!

Check out the menu if you do not believe me! =p

Like the tagline goes, it is simple truely affordable local to global cuisine. It it located at Millenium Square, SS14, PJ. It's a great place to watch football as well. "Halal" food is served, well, as always I prefer to term it as PORK FREE. Because alcoholic drinks are served within the same premise, hence its impossible to be certified Halal. My highest consideration given to it if I drop by KL for another drinking spree... *cheers*

No comments: